Effective March 6, 2023 we will no longer:
- use green, yellow, or red tiers to direct our response or requirements on campus.
- report COVID numbers or COVID tiers on a COVID dashboard. The dashboard will be discontinued.
- require negative tests before returning to campus after travel or breaks.
We will continue to:
- provide PCR testing for anyone who feels ill or has been exposed. You can pick up the vials for PCR testing and drop off the specimens in the basement of Academy Hall 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Monday – Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. on Thursday.
- distribute antigen tests (quick tests) to anyone who would like them for home use. These can be picked up in the Academy Hall basement during the hours listed above for testing.
- have each positive person isolate for five days, day one being the day after your positive test.
- report positive students to Student Success so that an excused absence note will go to each of your professors for the five (5) days of isolation.
- report each employee positive to HR and their supervisor so that they will expect the positive to be out of work for the five (5) days of isolation.
- require COVID-19 vaccinations for all new and current students, faculty, and staff in the coming 2023-2024 academic year.
- track COVID-19 trends nationally and worldwide so that we will be able to reinstate precautions early if trends necessitate.
Helpful Prevention Tips:
- Get vaccinated and stay up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines.
- Wear a mask if you are at high risk or unvaccinated.
- Test to prevent spread to others – before visiting unvaccinated or vulnerable individuals, you could test to be sure you do not have COVID-19.
- Maintain social distancing during surges of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Monitor your health daily and stay home if ill.