All Rensselaer community members and anyone granted campus access are required to follow the below health and safety protocols:
- Fitted surgical or medical masks must be worn in public indoor spaces on campus. Bandanas and gators are not permitted and cloth masks should only be worn in tandem with disposable surgical-style masks.
- All faculty, staff, and students with campus access must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in addition to receiving a booster when eligible. Vaccine and booster documentation must be uploaded in the DIAL app. Boosters must be received within seven days of becoming eligible.
- All faculty, staff, and students with campus access must successfully complete an online training module related to Institute health and safety protocols and sign an agreement to abide by them.
- All faculty, staff, and students with campus access must be tested weekly on campus for COVID-19. In-season athletes, those granted a vaccine or booster exemption, those with approved travel, and some designated frontline staff will be tested twice weekly.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must remain in isolation for 10 days in accordance with state and county health guidelines.
- All faculty, staff, and students with campus access must log their interactions, activities, and symptoms in the DIAL app daily.
- Rensselaer travel is currently restricted. Exceptions may be granted (i.e., required research trips, travel to athletic competitions, etc.) if consistent with federal, state, and CDC regulations and guidelines. Any travel exception requires approval as delineated in the return to campus plan.
- Personal travel is strongly discouraged. Should faculty, staff, or students with campus access need to travel, they must receive an on-campus COVID-19 test within 24 hours of returning to campus.
- All campus gatherings and events are currently limited to 100 attendees or less, for indoor meetings and events.
- No visitors, including families, are allowed on campus.
Spring 2022 Pandemic Protocols
Trigger Level 1: More than 250 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases (Faculty, Staff, or Students), within a Rolling Two-Week Period, among Those with Campus Access
- Mandatory quarantine-in-place
- Isolation of individuals who test COVID-19 positive, and quarantining those who have been in close contact with someone who tests positive
- Minimum two-week suspension of in-person instruction; pivot to remote instruction
- Continued mandatory testing of all on-campus students, faculty, and staff
- No campus gatherings or events
- Resume Return to Campus-Based Operations protocols and procedures, once spread is under control
Trigger Level 2: Confirmed Cases Exceed Our Ability to Isolate and Quarantine Students or Indications of Significant Community Spread
- President declares an Institute State of Emergency
- Full activation of the following:
- The Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
- The Enhanced Executive Command Center
- The Emergency Operations Group (EOG)
- All portfolio business continuity plans take effect
- Shutdown of the campus, except for critical operations
- Identification of essential staff for critical operations, e.g.,
- Testing Facilities and Capabilities
- Special Equipment Operations
- Live Entities
- Housing and Dining
- Student Health Center
- Continued mandatory testing of students and anyone with campus access
- Adequate stock of critical supplies will be identified and maintained (one-month supply)
- Follow the guidance of the CDC, NYS Health Department, and Rensselaer County Health Department