Students who develop symptoms should immediately self-isolate and contact the Student Health Center at (518) 276-6287.
Social distancing is a public health practice used to slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease. Social distancing measures involve restricting when and where people can gather, and include things such as limiting large groups of people coming together, closing buildings, and canceling events. Social distancing measures have been proven to slow the spread of the disease and provide communities and health systems the valuable time needed to be better prepared for disease outbreaks.
No walk-in appointments; phone triage will be conducted for appropriate scheduling.
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
No in-person appointments; telecounseling (video/phone) only.
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- (518) 276-6479 or (518) 276-6287
RPI Ambulance will not be operating at this time. Students residing on campus may call:
- Public Safety at (518) 276-6611 or
- Dial 911 for Troy Police/Fire/Ambulance.
- Students enrolled in the Rensselaer Student Health Insurance Plan offered by CDPHP are covered year-round (8/1-1/31; 2/1-7/31) and nationwide (via two extended networks). To find a provider in your area, visit: www.cdphp.com/rensselaer and click the “Find-A-Doc" link using “PPO National” as your plan.
Students who are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan offered by CDPHP have access to live video doctor visits, known as “Doctor on Demand.” This service connects CDPHP members with a board-certified physician via video conference on your phone, tablet, or computer. For details, visit https://www.cdphp.com/college-student-plans/rensselaer.
CDPHP members can also utilize the virtual ER triage system “ER Anywhere” by downloading the app on their smartphone, or simply call (800) ER-ANYWHERE to be connected to a live, emergency medicine provider, or visit www.cdphp.com/ERAnywhere.
If you enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan but have not registered with CDPHP, visit: www.cdphp.com/rensselaer. Click the ‘Sign In’ button and ‘Member.’ When registering, you will be asked for your Member ID and Suffix. Your Member ID is your 9-digit Student RIN# and the Suffix is 00.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the CDPHP Student Health Insurance Plan.