Fall 2020 Semester
- Hours will be reduced to accommodate cleaning and building supervision.
- Tables and chairs will be reduced drastically based on federal, state, local, and Institute guidelines.
- Other buildings that operate under the Student Union including JBLDG Music Suites, Academy Hall SAR, Playhouse, ’87 Gym, Student Auto Shop, and the Model Railroad could be closed or the hours will be drastically reduced based on Institute guidelines.
- All facilities being used for activities require staff present; with limited staff hours, some facilities will be closed.
- As per Institute guidelines, there will be no events or large gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Clubs and organizations cannot reserve academic classrooms.
- No contact programs allowed.
- Per Institute guidelines, no travel or travel-related activities.
- Activities will not involve open food sources, including potluck meals, buffets, bake sales, receptions, or meal gatherings unless served by a catering staff or prepackaged.
- No in-person tabling events or fundraisers allowed.
- If a campus department is not permitted to host a particular type of activity, a club cannot host that same activity.
- Only the Rensselaer community is permitted on campus for activities or meetings.
Club sports will not be competing in the fall 2020 semester. We are currently working to see which sports can and cannot function within the given protocols, following the Athletics Department, Institute model, and federal, state, local, and Institute guidelines.
We are currently identifying which sports/clubs can and cannot function within the given protocols, following the Athletics Department and Institute model. Based on that, a determination will be made by division leadership and Human Resources on which positions will be necessary for operation.
In collaboration with the Student Executive Board of the Student Union, the hours of the Rensselaer Union are tentatively scheduled as follows.
8 a.m.-11 p.m.
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The priority of the Union will be to provide a clean, safe, and socially distant study space.
- Access to food and services will remain open during building hours.
- There will be no scheduled meetings, tabling, open food activities, or special events.
- There will be modifications to all seating areas and lounges to allow for social distancing.
- Student study tables and spaces will be reserved through the EMS system.
If you are not scheduled to be on campus for the fall semester, you may not visit. The Collegiate Store is currently closed to the public until further notice. Please take advantage of online ordering and shipping and remain away from campus at this time. For students living on campus or those approved to have physical access to campus, the Rensselaer Student Union is now open.
The hours of the Mueller Center are not yet determined. They will be released when New York State guidelines have been met and the plan of operation has been approved by the Institute and Rensselaer County.