At Rensselaer, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our community. Strict protocols are currently in place requiring face masks, social distancing, and the de-densification of campus. At this time, campus is only open to students, faculty, and staff who have been cleared to return.
Week of Feb. 22, 2021
Institute-Approved Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
- Monday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Institute-Approved Faculty and Staff:
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Regular Shuttle: OPERATING. Please visit the Parking and Transportation website for hours of operation.
- Safe Ride: OPERATING. Please visit the Safe Ride website for hours of operation.
- Parking: Students on campus must be registered with the parking office. Permits are available online and will be issued after quarantine. Information can be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
- Architecture Library: OPEN Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
EMPAC: CLOSED until further notice. This includes Evelyn's Cafe.
Folsom Library: OPEN. Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
Hirsch Observatory: CLOSED to the public until further notice.
Mueller Center: CLOSED until further notice.
Student Union: CLOSED until further notice.
The Forge: CLOSED until further notice.
- Help Desk: OPEN. Visit the IT Service and Support Center website for hours of operation or to submit an online request for IT assistance. No unscheduled walk-ins.
- Mail Services: OPEN (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). Please not come to the Mail Center without an email notification. For more information, visit the Mail Center website.
- Registrar's Office: OPEN; however, at this time, the physical office will remain closed. Specific inquiries may be sent to the following email addresses:
As part of the social distancing protocols in place at Rensselaer as a result of the global pandemic COVID-19, all university-sponsored events, including events sponsored by student organizations, are currently suspended.
Rensselaer has suspended all university-related international travel to any country, as well as university-related domestic travel, until further notice.