At Rensselaer, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our community. Strict protocols are currently in place requiring face masks and social distancing on campus.
Location: Alumni Sports & Recreation Center.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday to Thursday.
In-person counseling and psychiatry appointments, Academy Hall 4100, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Limited telecounseling (Webex) sessions and afterhours appointments available by arrangement.
- Regular Shuttle: OPERATING. Please visit the Parking and Transportation website for hours of operation.
- Parking: Permits are available for purchase online and will be issued at the start of the semester. Information on pass and/or transponder distribution can be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
Architecture Library: OPEN Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
EMPAC: At this time, the facility is OPEN for specific, planned events only. Evelyn’s Café is CLOSED.
Folsom Library: OPEN. Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
Hirsch Observatory: CLOSED to the public until further notice.
Mueller Center: OPEN to students, faculty, and staff with campus access. Visit the Union website for hours of operation.
Robison Pool: OPEN. Visit the Athletics website for hours of operation.
Student Union: OPEN. Visit the Union website for hours of operation.
The Forge: OPEN for student use. Hours of operation are as follows.
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Help Desk: OPEN. Visit the IT Service and Support Center website for hours of operation or to submit an online request for IT assistance. No unscheduled walk-ins.
- Mail Services: OPEN (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). Please not come to the Mail Center without an email notification. For more information, visit the Mail Center website.
- Registrar's Office: OPEN. Specific inquiries may be sent to the following email addresses:
All campus gatherings and events are currently limited to 100 attendees or less, for indoor meetings and events, based on venue capacity, in accordance with New York State guidance. Event spaces are cleaned and disinfected after each use. New event protocols will be implemented to approve and monitor all campus gatherings. To further reduce risks for the campus community, no external visitors who have not approved are permitted to attend any campus gathering or event. Protocols are subject to change based on the evolving situation.
Faculty, staff, and students who are fully compliant with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols will be allowed to attend fall 2021 sporting events. The general public will not be permitted.
Due to the rise of the COVID-19 delta variant, the following events have shifted to a virtual environment:
- Reunion & Homecoming Weekend (Oct. 8-10) — The weekend will include the Virtual Passport to Rensselaer and virtual signature events, including the Presidential State of the Institute and Presidential Global Game Changers Panel Online. The Rensselaer Scholarship Gala: Virtual Auction will take place Oct. 1-7. The annual in-person scholarship gala will be postponed to next spring. Further details to follow.
- Family Weekend (Oct. 15-17) — The weekend will connect families virtually with Rensselaer staff and faculty members, as well as other students and families. Highlights include the Presidential Kickoff, Honors Convocation, and Rensselaer History and Traditions. The Student Success website will be updated with a full schedule of events as the weekend gets closer.
Rensselaer travel restrictions are still in effect. Exceptions may be granted (i.e., required research trips, travel to athletic competitions, etc.) if consistent with federal, state, and CDC regulations and guidelines. Any travel exception requires approval as delineated in the return to campus plan.