While there are no known cases of COVID-19 on campus, in an effort to protect the health and safety of our community, Rensselaer has taken the following steps to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, through Tuesday, March 31, Rensselaer will expand its social distancing protocols through telework. Only faculty and staff whose work is deemed “essential” to current operations will be expected to report to work on campus. All other faculty and staff will work remotely.
- All undergraduate students living in Rensselaer Residential and Greek Commons residences are required to move out by March 20, at 4 p.m. Spring break was extended through March 20 to help facilitate this transition.
- All in-person instruction has been suspended and is moving to online and other alternative learning options beginning March 23.
- Social distancing protocols have been enacted, including the cancellation of all university-sponsored events, including events sponsored by student organizations, and the request for all Rensselaer community members to avoid attending large external events.
- All university-related international and domestic travel has been suspended and all personal international travel is not recommended. Any member of our community traveling to or from any country with a CDC travel advisory is required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Open — No walk-ins, must call (518) 276-6287 first.
Consultations (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Monday – Friday) will be scheduled via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at (518) 276-6479.
- Late-night Weekend Shuttle: CLOSED
- Evening Shuttle: OPERATING - Extended to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- Safe Ride: CLOSED
- Safety Escorts: OPERATING - Schedule through Public Safety at (518) 276-6656.
Parking: Students will be permitted to park in the lots for which they have appropriate stickers. All Institute parking rules and conditions still apply.
- Mueller Center: CLOSED
- Student Union: OPERATING ON A LIMITED SCHEDULE
Open as of March 17, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed weekends) for students who are granted permission to continue to reside on campus. The 24-hour card access to the Student Union is suspended until further notice.