At Rensselaer, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our community. Strict protocols are currently in place requiring face masks, social distancing, and the de-densification of campus. At this time, campus is only open to students, faculty, and staff who have been cleared to return.
Effective Wednesday, May 26, 2021, the COVID-19 Testing Site for faculty, staff, and students has been moved from the Alumni Sports and Recreation Center (AS&RC) to the East Campus Athletic Village (ECAV) practice gym. The hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning June 2, 2021.
- Regular Shuttle: OPERATING. Please visit the Parking and Transportation website for hours of operation.
- Safe Ride: OPERATING. Please visit the Safe Ride website for hours of operation.
- Parking: Students on campus must be registered with the parking office. Permits are available online and will be issued after quarantine. Information can be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
Architecture Library: OPEN Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
EMPAC: CLOSED until further notice. This includes Evelyn's Cafe.
Folsom Library: OPEN. Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
Hirsch Observatory: CLOSED to the public until further notice.
Mueller Center: OPEN to students with campus access. Students may only enter during their appointed day and scheduled timeslot. Students may reserve one 45-minute timeslot per appointed day online at imleagues.com.
- Residential Commons Students: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Off-Campus Students (With Campus Access): Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Robison Pool: CLOSED until further notice.
Student Union: OPEN. Visit the Union website for hours of operation.
The Forge: CLOSED until further notice.
- Help Desk: OPEN. Visit the IT Service and Support Center website for hours of operation or to submit an online request for IT assistance. No unscheduled walk-ins.
- Mail Services: OPEN (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). Please not come to the Mail Center without an email notification. For more information, visit the Mail Center website.
- Registrar's Office: OPEN; however, at this time, the physical office will remain closed. Specific inquiries may be sent to the following email addresses:
As part of the social distancing protocols in place at Rensselaer as a result of the global pandemic COVID-19, all university-sponsored events, including events sponsored by student organizations, are currently suspended.
Rensselaer has suspended all university-related international travel to any country, as well as university-related domestic travel, until further notice.