At Rensselaer, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our community. Strict protocols are currently in place requiring face masks, social distancing, and the de-densification of campus. At this time, campus is only open to students, faculty, and staff who have been cleared to return.
- Shuttle: OPERATING. Visit the Shuttle website for hours of operation.
- Safe Ride: OPERATING. Monday to Saturday, 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
All riders must wear masks at all times and present a Rensselaer ID when entering the vehicle or shuttle. Safe Ride service can be requested via the Trans-Loc app.
- Parking: Students will be permitted to park in the lots for which they have appropriate stickers. All Institute parking rules and conditions apply.
- Architecture Library: OPEN. Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation. Reservation required through the School of Architecture's Reservation system
EMPAC: CLOSED until further notice. This includes Evelyn's Cafe.
Folsom Library: OPEN. Visit the Libraries' website for hours of operation.
Mueller Center: CLOSED until further notice.
Student Union: OPEN (Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 11 p.m., Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sun: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.).
The Forge: OPEN. Fall hours will be 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The facility will operate under a limited capacity and students must reach out virtually via The Forge’s website or email Russell Roberts at email@example.com prior to arriving.
- Mail Services: OPEN (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). Please not come to the Mail Center without an email notification. For more information, visit the Mail Center website.
- Registrar's Office: OPEN; however, at this time, the physical office will remain closed. Specific inquiries may be sent to the following email addresses:
As part of the social distancing protocols in place at Rensselaer as a result of the global pandemic COVID-19, all university-sponsored events, including events sponsored by student organizations, are currently suspended.
Rensselaer has suspended all university-related international travel to any country, as well as university-related domestic travel, until further notice.