Rensselaer is following a risk-informed, performance-based plan for campus health and safety. This plan will be evaluated regularly and updated as needed, particularly as planning for the fall semester continues.
At this time, the following protocols apply for summer 2021:
- Vaccinations will be required for Rensselaer students.
- Vaccinations may be required for staff within specific job classifications.
- Testing (PCR) will continue weekly for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Testing (PCR) for vaccinated staff, faculty, and contract vendors (with campus access) will occur every two weeks.
- Testing (PCR) for unvaccinated faculty, staff, and contract vendors (with campus access), including those in vulnerable populations, will occur weekly.
- There are no other external visitors allowed to campus, except those individuals on enrollment-related tours.
- Testing (PCR) is also required in the following cases:
- All vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals who arrive on campus after domestic or international travel must test upon return and again five days after travel.
- All vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with knowledge of direct exposure to asymptomatic COVID-19 individuals must test immediately and then again in five days.
- Student-athletes must be tested within 24 hours of any competition, and then must follow their regular testing schedule.
- In the case of enrollment-related tours:
- Individuals showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (through a COVID-19 vaccination card and a government ID) will not require a COVID-19 test and can participate in an enhanced enrollment tour. However, masks must be worn at all times, in all locations.
- Unvaccinated enrollment-related visitors must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of arrival and have an abbreviated tour. However, masks must be worn at all times, in all locations.
Social Distancing and Masking
- Six-foot social distancing will continue to be maintained.
- Masks are required inside all campus buildings, including classrooms, meeting and work spaces, dining halls when not eating (which will continue staggered seating and scheduling), residence halls (except in individual rooms), and in on-campus transportation, campus shuttles, and campus Safe Ride transportation.
- Masks are not required outdoors for those who are vaccinated.
- Indoor events with attendance up to 30 are allowed; however, indoor events will continue to follow established venue capacity limits with social distancing.
- Outdoor events must follow external venue capacity limits and social distancing.